Sunday, January 10, 2010

And finally, coconut-chocolate chip-walnut induced crescent rolls!

A big thanks to this recipe http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2010/01/chocolate-coconut-and-pecan-crescent.html!  This is an amazing food blog that incorporates all different types of food, and makes it fun!

I had a canister of crescent rolls, butter flake flavored, by Pillsbury in the fridge, and since the husband and I were not thrilled with the taste of them alone when we had them with dinner one night this week, I decided they'd be perfect for when I made the above recipe.  That day was today - it's Sunday so a big cooking/baking day/relaxation day, the Patriots are doing awful, and chocolate is better than drinking on a Sunday;), and it's freezing cold outside here!   Again, thank you so much to For the Love of Cooking for being there and so creative:)

What you'll need:

  • 1 canister of crescent rolls, any type/flavor you prefer - plain, butter flake, etc
  • flaked coconut
  • semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • nuts - I chose to use chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375.  Open the crescent roll canister and roll out the 8 individual rolls.  Don't you hate when they come out of the canister in a disarray?  I always wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong!



Anyways, as FTLOC states,  top each triangle with the coconut, choc chips, and nuts and roll as you would when making a regular crescent roll - since my crescent rolls didn't roll out as perfect triangles, they didn't roll up or look like crescent rolls, more like little puffs - there is no real specifc amount of the coconut, choc chips, and nuts, just as much as you'd like - a little, or so it's bursting out:)  I went the bursting out way, and whatever fell out when I rolled them up, I just put on top :)




 

 

You want to bake these until the top of the crescent roll is starting to brown (means the bottom is browned even more) - mine took 10 minutes.  I waited about 2 minutes until I tried one, and I didn't even top it with ice cream or whipped cream like I was planning to.  Look at the inside of this -




!!!!  I could've eaten all 8 right then and there, but I refrained - my dinner was cooking!   I can't wait to enjoy the other 6 later - I'll let the husband have 1;)  Just kidding of course:)

Thanks again to For the Love of Cooking!!  I can't wait to try these again with different type chips and nuts!!!  I'm in love!  Easiest dessert to make ever!

5 comments:

melissa said...

looks yummy!

Meghann Andrew said...

Yum! I'm trying not to go to the fridge and take out those crescent rolls now!

daisychain said...

YUM! these look and sounds delicious!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Ditto on the YUM!!

CDC said...

Soooo yum, I have to control myself and not them in one sitting! Meghann, have you gone to the fridge yet?? ;)