You will need:
- 2 lbs of boneless roast beef, any cut - I used a rump
- 2 lbs of red potatoes (small size), cut in half
- one jar of pearl onions, drained
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Bake in the oven until a meat thermometer reaches atleast 130 degrees (this would be for medium rare-to medium), stirring the vegetables a couple of times. I cooked ours until it reached 140 degrees, which was 1 hour. Remove, and cover with a tin foil tent to keep warm. Let the meat sit for atleast 30 minutes before slicing.
Look at that! Look at those potatoes - a nice, mildly crispy outside with the softest inside ever. The onions do end up tasting a tad bit burnt, but that flavor, again mixed with a bite of the meat, is unbelievable!
Slice as thick or thin as you'd like and serve with the potatoes, onions, and anything else you'd like.
This was one of the easiest meals I've made in a long time, nevermind so full of flavor and taste, just with very few ingredients. I topped my meat with beef gravy, the husband had some with gravy, some with horseradish mustard, and some with Worcestershire sauce. A meal like this will work for everyone in your family because they can kick up the beef however they like:)
Is it time for dessert yet??? This first though:
I'll take it! Dessert can wait!
Make sure to come back for the dessert post coming soon!!! I hope you're enjoying today's blogs and it will inspire you to make a 3 course meal just like this one this week!

No comments:
Post a Comment