Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ribs! Need I say more??;)

Happy Sunday night, everyone!  I hope everyone has had a great weekend!  I sure have, and am so happy to have many other things to look forward to this week!   Next weekend, my husband and I are participating in this amazing and worthy event, so I'm really looking forward to staying rested and fully of energy this week leading up to that.  Then we have a fun night with friends to celebrate my 30th - all I know is people are coming to our house - I don't know who, I don't know what we're eating, drinking, etc...the husband has told me "he's got it"...well alright!  Also, Aruba soon, woohoo!!!!    Oh - and I'm already thinking of what to do for the husband for Valentine's Day - I always make him something and it's so fun to think of something new every year!

But, back to the ribs!  I think the husband loves ribs as much as I love Titanic;)  (I'm watching it as I type) - simple recipe, and I do love simple meals on Sundays.  Usually it's slow cooker Sundays, but the husband requested ribs and who am I to deny the man ribs?  Made with mashed potatoes, salad, and a different cornbread recipe than the other day (on the side of the Quaker cornmeal container = so much better than the other night), easy peasy!  Because of this, I was able to enjoy a wonderful wonderful wonderful Sunday:)   Can you tell how happy I am:)

What you'll need:

  • 2-3 lb rack of ribs 
  • salt and pepper
  • brown sugar
  • cumin
  • paprika
  • chili powder
  • barbecue sauce
Preheat oven to 225.   Place a sheet of foil on a baking sheet and spray with Pam.  Place the ribs, meat side up, on the foil.  Mix together all ingredients BESIDES the barbecue sauce.  Rub the ingredients all over the ribs, deeply setting the rub in.   Bake for 3 hours.



At the 3 hour mark, pull pan from the oven and spread on any type barbecue sauce you'd like - homemade or store-bought, and return to the oven for another 30-45 minutes, until at it's tender-best.  Then enjoy!  I forgot to take a picture until they were almost gone!




Here's a picture of the successful cornbread - so yum I've packed some in my lunch for tomorrow:)




Stay tuned for another post about the stew I made Friday night - I hope you'll have a chance to read, comment, and give advice about each of these:)  Oh, and I'm a one of my fave parts in Titanic - when Jack goes to dinner with Rose's family:)  

3 comments:

sharyncarlson said...

Mmmmm, my hubby would love this recipe. I'll definitely have to give it a try!

melissa said...

simmer down over there. everything is covered and you are going to have fun! :-)

CDC said...

sharyn, im sure he would! just dont put too much salt - i felt they were a bit salty!

no simmering - you know me, i can't not know things!