What you'll need:
- 1/2 lb - 1 1/2 lb of trout, or any flaky-type fish you like - depending on the amount of people - the husband ate about 3/4 lb of trout
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped very small, or garlic you buy in a jar in the produce section - my garlic happened to be in the teriyaki sauce
- Pam spray
To make the sauce, combine the drained beans, teriyaki sauce, and hoisin sauce into a food processor. Pulse until the sauce is almost smooth.
After the fish has cooked on both sides, pour sauce into the pan and bring to a boil.
Yes, there is fish in there!
Once boiling, cover and let cook 8 more minutes, or until the fish is flaky (for me it was exactly 8 minutes). Then, enjoy! Sooo easy! I paired it with a cheddar rice and salad, and yum!
This is bad, but me, CheyCanCook, was scared of the trout - not because it was bad, but just because I dont' really like...fish! I wish I had tried it, and I planned to try a bite, but the husband ate it all up! I had a lovely shrimp topped salad instead - all I did was use some small shrimp, and covered them with lemon juice, lime juice, and lemon pepper seasoning, and broiled them for about 10 minutes:)
Enjoy the rest of your night - I won't be so scared of trout next time;) Sorry this post is so quick, but I can't wait to go keep reading Scarlett!!

6 comments:
I love trout, my uncle fishes and often brings us a couple for the freezer. I love it roasted, stuffed with root vegetables and a tomato sauce <3
lol...brinley will like it ;-)
Mmmm, we love trout! I've never made a sauce using black beans before. Thanks for the inspiration!
I haven't had trout in years. I once ordered a shrimp dish that I couldn't eat at all because I was scared of it... lol.
Next time you eat that trout girl! I bet it was real tasty!
Daisy - that sounds great, the husband loves tomato sauce!
Melissa - yes, she'll like it;)
NP Sharon, I hope you try it!
Oh no, Jasmine! Did you send it back?
Haha Trix, yes next time I'll try it:)
Post a Comment