Monday, January 25, 2010

GuacamOLE!

Remember I dreamt about making guacamole?  Well, tonight was taco night, so I decided to give my hand a try at it!  I reviewed a bunch of recipes and kinda just went with my own.  I'll tell you what I did and what I think I would do differently next time:)



Yum, right?  My favorite word on here!  We topped our tacos with them AND some nachos - we (the husband and I) both looked forward to taco night alllll day at work - helped us get through our Monday's:)

What you'll need/what I used:

  • 3 very ripe avocados
  • lime juice or juice of a fresh lime
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 chopped white onion
  • chopped tomatoes, as much as you'd like
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • CRP!!!
  • salt and pepper to taste
Cut and scoop out the avocado goodness and place into a container.  Cover with lime juice and mix in the olive oil ***Note - I used 2 tbsp, but I think I would only 1.5 tbsp next time b/c in one bite, yes just one bite, I could taste too much olive oil***



Now mush mush mush!  Mush these ingredients with a fork to the size/texture you'd like.  Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring after each addition.  Enjoy with your fave Mexican dish, with nachos, or just with a spoon like I did...about 4 times;) 

I'm very happy with how it came out - my only "complaint" was the one bite I had that I could taste the olive oil.  Overall, a success, and an easy one at that! 


 
 
 
Well, after a busy busy Monday I'm off to wrap up my night and prepare for tomorrow!  I hope you'll try this recipe or post some other variations - thank you to all who have posted so many guacamole recipe so far!

And PS:  has anyone ever made mole sauce for enchiladas - the kind with the chocolate??  How did that go for you??


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love guacamole. I'm dreaming about steak taco's. Now I've gotta add guacamole to the dream!

melissa said...

i usually use lemon, I'll have to try lime!

CDC said...

add it, kathleen, add it!

definitely try lime - yum!