You will need:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 can of chili beans, drained - my can came mixed in with enchilada sauce
- flour tortillas
- cheddar cheese
- guacamole
- sour cream
- salsa
Heat another skillet coated in cooking spray over medium heat. Heat the tortillas in paper towels in the microwave for 20 seconds so they are soft and pliable. Layer the tortilla with some cheese then some beef mixture. Fold in the sides and roll into a burrito, making sure the ends are closed. Place seam side down in the hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream. ***Note, for me, I bought a guacamole/salsa/spicy mixture in the produce section at Stop and Shop instead of making/having separate guacamole and salsa because I was strapped on time. Very good!***
**sweetened condensed milk was for fudge I was making, not this;)**
My husband and I really loved these! We always tend to go towards tacos and enchiladas, but I think these will be up there from now. Just 1 lb of ground beef made 8 of these, with leftover meat that we used on a taco salad later that week. I think next time I would even leave some of the spicy enchilada sauce in the mixture, just for that cook and gooeyness.
Enjoy, and thanks again to For the Love of Cooking for posting such a great recipe!!

4 comments:
Sounds like a blissful day!
Just like you, I gravitate toward other Mexican dishes - tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas - but I just wrote in my notes for next week's food planning to try chimichangas. I used to love these when I was younger. Delicious Chey. And Pam's site is wonderful, isn't it?
Oh it was Scrappy (Gayle? I always want to make sure I'm talking to the right person from that site! hehe), finally a day to just relax and enjoy my hobbies!
Melissa, Pam's site is great! I had never had a chimichanga before, and I'm so happy to learn more about foods of different cultures that aren't as advertised!
That looks SO good!I'm adding this one too for next weeks menu :)
Post a Comment