Nope, I do not live in CA...strange weather we're having, but it's supposed to get chillier and maybe even a little snow may fall Saturday evening...yuck. Double yuck to still having my stomach bug. Woke up this morning, no temp, pale, but that's alright. Showered, got ready, and decided I should eat something before I left the house - grapes. Not smart. I've had a few "emptying's" today if you will, so I'm hoping I'm getting it all out and I can make to at least one day of work this week!!!
Just for Sharyn, here's my Advent Calendar I made over this past week - what else can you do while sick - sleep, take meds, bathroom, sleep more, craft alittle:) I owe even knowing how to do and make this to Melissa as I pretty much just copied her format, using my own supplies;) I used the cardboard back of a 12x12 book of paper that I had as the backing, and then glued red cardstock on it. I then used a regular hole puncher, punched 2 holes, and put ribbon thru, tying knots in the back on each side, so I could hang it.
I then cut green squares, at whatever size I wanted, but that would fit, and then squares to go on top of those with whatever Christmas paper I had laying around. I glued those smaller squares onto the green ones and then attached the #'s, and again whatever #'s I had laying around. I then wrote either something for us to do, pray for, or discuss, on the back of each one, and tacked it to the cardboard. Each day, whether it be at dinner or some other random time, we flip it over and complete what it says on the back. It's a nice bonding experience:)
Back to the couch and jug of gingerale for me...have a great Thursday! Oh, and if you're wondering why I sounds some cheerful even though I feel yucky, it's because I'm being positive not only for myself, but others:)
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago

8 comments:
very pretty :-) You did a great job!
thanks teacher ;)
Such a nice idea to write something on the back of each day. Feel better soon!
thanks meghann! it's been fun each day to do what it says, like yesterday said take a picture in front of a holiday scene...a nice moment to capture while we were out and about, and found a random spot:)
where's the picture? hmmm????
Great advent calendar!!
melissa, im confused :( what picture?
thanks about the advent calendar - i owe it all to melissa!
the picture you took outside the holiday setting!
Post a Comment