Sunday, November 29, 2009

One more post before I REALLY start to make cards;)

Omelets! Who wants to know how to make them? I learned from a girl I used to work with (thanks, Penny!) just by discussing them one day. Here is what I do:

Depending on the size of the omelet you want to make, and err, the size of the belly you're feeding, crack either 2 or 3 eggs into a small bowl and add about 2 tbsps milk (I eyeball it). Wisk together and let sit for a bit. Prepare anything you want to go inside the omelet - today for us was breakfast sausage, green pepper, white onion, and cheddar cheese, but alot of time I use deli ham and red pepper as well.



Heat a small frying pan (we use the fry pan given to us as a part of our camping weekend getaway gift from Melissa and Matt - it's the perfect size!) on medium heat. When heated, spray with Pam (I use the olive oil one). Add the egg/milk mixture and make sure the entire bottom of the pan is covered. Let cook about 5 minutes, then add the yummyness that will make up the inside, usually adding the meat first (I pre-cooked the sausage in the microwave), then veggies, then cheese. Let cook until the cheese has melted.





When you are able to lift the omelet from the pan and it doesn't look runny or like it's going to crumble, that is when it's time to fold it, so one side is on top of the other. When one side is turned on top of the other, the side should look browned so you know it is cooked thru.



So yummy, and so easy. I wouldn't go eating these everyday, but they are perfect for "Sunday big breakfast" as we like to call it:) Hey, I always make sure we have a fruit with it;)



Thank you Lauren for the apple corer, one of my fave bridal shower gifts:)

5 comments:

daisychain said...

thank you for the lovely comment :)

CDC said...

no problem, thank you for visiting my page!

melissa said...

ooooh delish! and I am glad the pan works well!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Yum, yum and yum! Love omelettes!

CDC said...

yes, thank you for the perfect pan! and yes, yum yum yum to omelettes - makes me happy:) i love to try new things in them:)