Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago
From being "the one who only made grilled cheese and pancakes" to a wife who enjoys cooking for her husband every night, and trying new recipes every night (thanks to the University of Lissy!), I am excited to write about the escapades of my cooking!
3 comments:
Now I know where to go for some food inspiration...cookbooks don't work for me, I never have the right ingredients. I like to just be creative and throw things together--so nothing I make comes out exactly the same twice. I love to eat out, but the health benefits of cooking your own food are hard to pass up. I never feel icky after eating food I cook, and even the best tasting meal out usually makes me feel like I'm going to explode. One goal I have is baking--I'm just not really patient and it requires following a recipe. So I'd love to hear about some of your baking adventures.
Let me peruse the cookbooks for you, post some recipes from those, websites I go to, and magazines I get, then you can go from there:) I feel the same about eating out - I love it b/c sometimes even people that like to cook need a break, but I always feel yucky after, probably b/c of the types of oils they use, etc. When you cook, you know exactly what your body is taking in. Luckily, with cooking you can throw things together and it usually comes out great :)
Baking is different in that you HAVE TO follow the instructions and only substitute when you find another recipe, for the same thing, that okays the substitution. You can always try things out, and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, and that's okay, b/c at least you are trying:) I am known at work for my choc chip cookies with nuts and coconut, my secret ingredient, and I also have a great and easy fudge recipe; I will post them both in a little bit:) If there is one thing baking wise I need to work on it's homemade cheesecake - very time consuming and it's hard to get it to come out just right.
OH! Just last week I made a homemade graham cracker crust, pumpkin pie following the recipe on the can, and homemade whipped cream - I'll post the crust and whipped cream recipes for you too:)
yum! Jill if I can turn into a pretty good backer, then surely you can too! I was the world's worst baker, but I have improved :-) Like Cheryl said, you have to follow the recipe (wasn't a strength of mine...)
Those cookies are SO good! Looking forward to the pie recipe :-)
Post a Comment