More decoration pictures to follow later today as I always seems to find time to blog numerous times on Sunday - oops! ;)I then ventured out again later that night, about 7:30, to Michael's for a few more things, like the bulbs that go in the village houses. The village is my favorite holiday decoration, and boy was I mad when, after the husband took out all the decor - thanks babe! - I found one of the lightbulbs had shattered and when I touched it it shocked me good! And yes, the whole set of them was plugged in and on at the time - don't do what I did!! I also was out on a mission to find a dress for the annual holiday party that myself and , aka Melissa, throw every year. After about 30 dresses and 2 hours of shopping, I had it and went home and put up some more decorations, pics to come:)
I ventured out again Saturday about 10am to our local mall and the parking lot was jam packed! I actually ended up parking in the parking lot of the plaza next to the mall!! But here, I was able to get some great shopping done for my family, and I finally found a dress for the party! http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=423803&CategoryID=22120 - sorry, it wouldn't let me copy the picture but um, I got it on sale;)
Next I was off to Homegoods where there WERE parking spots in their actual lot, yippee! I got so much great stuff here!!! I hope the recipients love what I got them:) Then it was back to Michael's for some more garland with lights and homeward bound I went, with a salad and smoothie from Panera too;)
Did I stop there? Oh no, I then went on to get 1/2 of my gifts from amazon.com - I can't post what they are just yet b/c some of the recipients read here, but let's just say they are great for each individual person:) I wish I could give them to them now:)
So, overall my Black Weekend was a huge success - only the tree left to get/decorate, while watching Christmas Vacation of course, a few more gifts to buy, alot more to make, cards to make, food to make for the party, a night out to see Bob Saget...wait, I guess I have alot more to do than I thought...but I love this time of year:)
And yes, I do remember this is a cooking blog - recipes to come soon:)
Enjoy your Sunday everyone!!!

4 comments:
What a busy weekend! Sounds like you got some great bargains :) isn't it funny how shopping can make you feel really Christmasy??
Gayle
Yes, quite amazing since I shop all year round, but I guess when you're shopping to give something to someone, it's that much better:) Definitely tons of bargains at Kohls, Macy's, and Homegoods, so happy!! A busy but fun weekend for sure:) Thanks for stopping by, Gayle:)
woohoo for Back weekend! We got tons done again today!! I think you'll like the decor for our party!! Pretty stuff :-) On to decorating, maybe another trip to the mall, working on the homemade gifts and cards...gosh I wish I didn't have homework! There's so much more I would rather be doing ;-)
Can't wait to see the believe decor, I bet it will be gorgeous! Perfect theme too!
OHHHHH how I love this time of year :-)))))
you already went shopping today?? wow! nice - put up pics of the decor!! say "homework, i'll see you tomorrow. today is christmas fun day!" and then tuesday we have to start that online class! eek! i love this time of year too, yippee! maybe we should start having a "christmas in july" party too;)
Post a Comment