Friday, April 16, 2010

Cold, wet, New England weekend...what should I make?

I'm shaking cold!  For the first time in over a week I've had to put the heat on!  Come on weather!  I've gotten so used to wearing my cute sandals (yes, toe nails painted), and cute spring shirts, sweaters, and pants...not to forget shants too!  If you want to know what shants are, reply to this post;)  Tonight it's a balmy 40 degrees with a windchill of about 32 with cold cold rain.  Sounds wonderful, doesn't it.  The husband is braving it at Fenway...die hard right there.  I'll be there Tuesday when it's sunny and about 25 degrees warmer;)  And no, I am not a fair weather fan, I just don't want to get sick.  Period.  I am a huge fan.

Anyway, what should I make this weekend to keep us warm?  I'm thinking tacos tomorrow night, if we don't go out into the nastiness, and Crock Pot Orange Chicken for Sunday, but what about the inbetween?  Hot grilled cheese?  But we have no soup to go with it.  Coconut brownies?  But I love ice cream on top, but it's too cold for that!  Cinnamon rolls?  Cupcakes?  Nah, we had these recently.  I wish I had bought spaghettio's at the grocery store last night.  Those are nice and warm.

So what should I make/bake while I'm staying inside as much as possible and cleaning, reading, and watching TV?  Oh yes, and going thru my Us Weekly as well.  What are your favorite things to make/bake during a rainy weekend?  Do they differ from a snowy weekend?  What are your favorite rainy weekend movies?

Please have a nice thought for my husband who is sitting in the rain at Fenway...he's a trooper.

4 comments:

efdamore said...

I know I should have made soup this weekend. I thought winter (soup making) was over. I want to cook hamburgers on the grill!

CDC said...

you can go outside and grill burgers with an umbrella;) what did you decide to make?

Simply Life said...

I love making soups and homemade bread on a cold day!

CDC said...

oh simply life, homemade bread sounds amazing right now!