Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Friday, now eat some cherry cobbler!

Happy Friday, everyone!  We're about to get a big nor'easter this weekend, so I was very worried about my trip after work tonight, to the (drum roll) - grocery store!  You know how people are when it snows, they go and buy a ton of microwaveable food that you can't cook when the power goes out;)  I had to go because tomorrow night is Melissa and I's annual holiday party, and I had to get all fresh ingredients for what I'm making:)  Lucky for me, it wasn't too bad and I left unscathed:)  Sunday, when I'm snowed in, I hope to have atleast 5 recipes to share with you, and photos of course! 

But tonight, I finally share the crockpot cherry cobbler recipe.  It comes from my 365 day calendar full of only crockpot recipes, specifically from Michele Ruvola, so thanks Michele!

It came out so yummy - it's hard to describe the consistency of the cake portion, but it's fuller than cake mix, almost like a bread, and scrumptous!  I hope you'll try and enjoy it! 

You'll need:

  • one can cherry pie filling - 16-20oz
  •  13/4 cups dry cake mix, any flavor - I used yellow cake mix
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp evaporated milk
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1.  Lightly spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
2.  Place pie filling in the crockpot and cook on high 30 minutes, uncovered
3.  While this is cooking, mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl until crumbly.
4.  After the 30 minutes are up, spoon this crumbly mix on top of the cherries
5.  Cover and cook on low 2-5 hours (mine took 2 3/4 hours) - you'll know it's done when a toothpick is inserted and it comes out clean and dry. 

this is it while cooking...if we hadn't eaten it so fast, I'd post a pic of on a plate;)  Next time!


I served mine cool, with whipped cream - I bet it would be really great with vanilla ice cream and warm! 

Have a great weekend everyone and I'll be back Sunday with our party recipes and fun pics:)

6 comments:

Pam said...

I love cherry cobbler - I've never thought to cook it in the crockpot.

CDC said...

Me either, until I came upon this recipe - it was amazing though!

Rosanne said...

This sounds really good! I'll be trying it for sure!

CDC said...

Awesome, Rosanne, let me know how you like it!

Meghann Andrew said...

This sounds really good! I will try it over Christmas!

CDC said...

Definitely a good one, Meghan! So easy in the crockpot, and like I said the consistency of the cake is so "different", it's so good! Let me know how you like it:)