Then last night, the husband and I then went and celebrated Melissa's bday! Happy almost birthday, BFF! We will celebrate some more when we've all had more sleep:)
So tonight it's back to cooking for me, AND the Oscars! Granted, I've only seen one of the movies nominated, Inglorious Bastards, but I plan on seeing the others when they come out on DVD/On Demand:) I love the dresses, interviews, and the people-watching! I wish I had thought of it sooner, because I would love to try to create the same menu that Wolfgang Puck is making for the Governor's Ball after the Oscars, with my own spin of course - note to self, remind self of this next year! Create Wolfgang's menu, watch all nominated Oscar movies, and friends commit to do the same, and host an Oscar party - sounds like a plan to me! Next year!
Tonight, instead of chicken pot pies, smoked salmon, and baked Alaska, we'll be having this beef stew that I've made numerous times before. I guess beef stew wouldn't be the perfect Oscar meal because of the chance it could drip down your gazillion dollar dress:) But we'll eat our beef stew and italian bread and enjoy the Oscars all the same:)
Do you love the Oscars? What is your favorite part? Who do you want to win/which movies have you seen?? Does anyone host a party?
Talk to you all later - it's time to clean!
4 comments:
These last few years, I have not really followed the Oscars event. Of course, the next day I know who won best picture,etc but, I have not gotten into the excitement.
I think beef stew is a perfect meal to enjoy while watching the big event. I think wearing your pajamas with socks would be comfortable Oscar clothing while enjoying your meal and watching the festivities.
Enjoy!
Have fun watching the Oscars tonight. The beef stew sounds good - I've never heard of using tapioca before.
Always love the Oscars! I found this year, though, the red carpet interviews were a little awkward...well even more so than usual! But, love the movies and the pretty dresses!
Velva - we definitely had pj's and socks on:)
Pam - the tapioca really helps the tomato juice thicken up into a nice gravy!
C&C - awkward yes, Kathy Ireland - eek! I love the dresses too:)
Post a Comment